Creating a blog is not exclusive to people who understand coding. Anyone can create a blog, including you. How to create your own blog is very easy, even for those of you who don’t understand coding at all.
Yes, without understanding coding you can easily create your own blog. With the help of blogging platforms like WordPress, you can even create a blog in just minutes!
You have found the right article to guide you in creating a blog. In this article, you not only learn about how to create a blog on WordPress technically but also how to optimize the blog that you have created.
Although it can be made with a few easy steps, blogs can provide considerable benefits. Not only for personal but also for business. Anything?
- Knowledge Sharing. Blogs have long been known as a means to share ideas, experiences, and knowledge. Quite often internet users get the information they need from the blogs they visit.
- Develop Your Potential. Blogs are also a place for bloggers to continue to develop their capabilities. Starting from the ability to write, to various special skills that are packaged in tutorial articles.
- Earn Money Online. Not a few bloggers who use blogs to earn money through advertising through Google AdSense. No wonder they build blogs well. The more interesting the blog, the more visitors will come who are likely to click on ads on their blog
- Increase Website Traffic. Business blogs often become part of the company’s official website. Because, according to one data, companies that have blogs can come 55% more visitors to their website.
- Get Lots of Leads. If the blog content is interesting, it’s not difficult to be able to get leads. Quite often blog visitors are willing to provide personal data in order to get the latest article updates. The fact is the increase in leads from blogging activities can reach 126% .
- Increase Business Reputation. Quality content on a blog can show your level of expertise in a particular field. This can help build a good business reputation in the long run.
- Build Engagement. Blogs allow you to interact with visitors in the comments column. By giving the right answer to the feedback given by visitors, closeness ( engagement ) can be built properly.
How to Make a Personal Blog
1. Determine the Main Topics according to your interests
Determining the main topics that you will discuss on a blog is an important foundation in creating a blog. By having a clear main topic, you will be easier to develop a blog in the future. You know what you want to achieve. You also understand what kind of content you want to create.
Remember, you will be managing this blog for a long time. So make sure you choose the main blog topic that suits your hobbies and interests. That way you will not feel burdened in creating blog content.
There are many blog topics that you can raise. From traveling, culinary, parenting, marketing, technology, gadgets, sports, entertainment, art, music, culture, fashion, beauty, and much more.
Which topics do you care about?
Don’t believe the rumors that say that only certain topics can make money. Because every topic has its own audience.
2. Choose the Best Blog Platform
Now you already know what topics you will discuss on the blog. It’s time to go on to how to create a fairly technical blog, starting with choosing the best blog platform. The blog platform is the media that you will use to manage your blog, from publishing articles to blog optimization.
As I mentioned earlier, creating a blog is now easier. You don’t need to struggle with complicated codes to create a good quality blog. This can happen thanks to blog platforms such as WordPress and Blogspot.
Which is the best blog platform for you?
Actually, each platform has advantages and disadvantages of each. However, I recommend WordPress for you. There are many reasons why WordPress is the best platform for you to create a blog.
3. Choose the Best Hosting Service
In the previous point, I already mentioned a little about hosting. You need hosting to be able to use WordPress. Remember, what I mean here is WordPress.org, not WordPress.com.
Maybe the term hosting is still less familiar to you. Simply put, hosting is a place to store all website files, from content, images, videos, audio, text, themes, to settings.
If you use WordPress.com and Blogspot, hosting is automatically provided by the platform. Well, when using WordPress.org, you have to rent hosting independently.
There are various kinds of hosting that you can use, from shared hosting, cloud hosting, to VPS hosting. Then which type of hosting is right for you?
Shared hosting is the type of hosting that is most suitable for blogs that are still in the initial stages. Why? The reason is quite simple because shared hosting is the cheapest and easiest type of hosting.
In addition to hosting, you also need a domain for blogs. The domain is the address used to access your website.
Another advantage of using WordPress.org is that you are free to choose a domain extension. Unlike WordPress.com and Blogspot which requires you to add the wordpress.com or blogspot.com appendage behind your domain name.
So you can be creative, without the need to follow certain rules from the blog platform.
5. Install WordPress.org
At this point, I will discuss how to install a blog on the WordPress.org platform. I will still explain how to install WordPress manually if you forget to activate the WordPress AutoInstall feature when buying hosting. Here is how to install WordPress manually:
- Step 1 Login cPanel
Login to cPanel via the link provided via email, usually like this: Http://yourname/cpanel
- Step 2 Open the Softaculous Installer
In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section, click the WordPress logo
- Step 3 Click the Install Now Button
- Step 4 Choose Domain
Select your domain in the Choose Domain column, please leave the In Directory column blank
- Step 5 Fill in Website Details
Fill in your website’s name and description, in the Site Name and Site Description fields
- Step 6 Enter your Username and Password
Specify a username and password to log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Step 7 Choose a Theme
Choose a theme for your blog, then click the Install button.
- Step 8 Installation Complete!
After the installation process is complete, a successful message will appear containing the blog address along with the login URL to the admin dashboard.
6. Understand WordPress Basics
If you have never used WordPress at all, this blog/website creation platform can be quite foreign to you. Therefore, I will give a glimpse of the basic parts of WordPress and its functions.
Before that, you need to log in to the WordPress admin area first. Here are the steps:
- Open www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin
- Enter your Username and Password
- Voila, you have successfully logged into your WordPress admin area!
How to Manage and Optimize Blogs
The journey to making your blog is not finished. There is still a lot of work that you need to complete so that your blog can be successful. However, no need to worry because I have prepared various telling tips to take you to become a successful blogger. Let’s see tips on becoming a successful blogger below!
Basic WordPress Optimization
Even though the WordPress installation has been successful, you need to take a few steps to optimize WordPress. This optimization step is important so that your WordPress can produce maximum performance.
There are at least 20 WordPress optimization steps that you must implement. From creating contact forms, completing blog information, installing Yoast SEO, installing Google Analytics, creating a sitemap, installing caching plugins, managing WordPress security, to changing permalinks.